[HMS News] Parent Flash 10-29-10
bcarozza at hopkintonschools.org
Fri Oct 29 17:11:30 EDT 2010
HMS PARENT FLASH 10/29/10
Have you been out to see the changes on our playground? The work is now moving rapidly. Here’s an update:
1. Yesterday afternoon, scores of volunteers emptied two large trucks and placed the playground equipment, most of it still boxed or on pallettes, onto the field. Thank heavens for the fork lift.
2. New Yard Construction has been prepping the site for installation which should begin Wednesday or Thursday of next week, November 3 or 4.
3. Installation should take at least a week and will likely be completed by November 12. .
4. We will then need volunteers on the weekend of November 13 and 14 to spread the wood chips, which will be the flooring for the playground. This is our greatest need for volunteers. We could also use a dozen or so wheelbarrels as well as rakes and shovels. If anyone has a tractor to move the wood chips that will be helpful too. It is possible that we may not complete the work that day and we may have to extend the work to the following weekend.
· If you can work November 13 and/or the 14th, please email which day(s) to Arlene McGrath afpmcgrath at aol.com or Amy Licata amylicata at yahoo.com our Volunteer Coordinators.
I will update the web site with information at: http://www.hopkintonschools.org/haroldmartinschool/playground/. You can also check out pictures of the playground progress on our home page at: http://www.hopkintonschools.org/haroldmartinschool/.
Recess will be more complicated in the interim. We are expanding our footprint a bit and blocking off the flagpole area to cars during our recess times at mid-day so kids have more space.
It’s all very exciting for the community. It looks like we may have enough funding to finish the ball field work in the back thanks to generous donations. I’ll have more information on that soon.
Please let me know if you have questions about the playground or anything else for that matter. Have a wonderful weekend.
Bill Carozza, Principal
Give Kids a Smile is an annual one-day volunteer initiative, to be held on February 4th, 2011. The program provides free dental care for low income families with school age children without dental coverage, or school age children with Healthy Kids Gold, but no regular dentist.
The dental care will be provided by Dr. Pamela Weitzel, DMD in Hopkinton. Please contact Sheila Conley, RN at Harold Martin School if you are interested in receiving this service for your child/children.
The Harold Martin School phone number is 746-3473 and email address is sconley at hopkinton schools.org.
Next Week at
‘Tween School ‘n Home
at Harold Martin School
A TIME TO BE GRATEFUL
Week of November 1-5
Mon: Getting into Gimp
Monday moving to Art Room at 4:25 – pickup from Art Room door 4:25-5:30
Tues: NO SCHOOL
Wed: Pilgrim Girls
Thurs: Pilgrim Boys
Fri: SEW Thankful;
Friday moving to Art Room at 4:25 – pickup from Art Room
We have an immediate opening for a group leader to work with Hopkinton children up to five days a week from 2:15 to 5:30 on days school is in session. That special someone will be over 18 years old and:
(1) love working with and being around children (grades k-6)
(2) be creative and able to plan and lead crafts and projects
(3) be energetic and able to lead group games
(4) be fair, patient, and even-tempered
(5) be a dedicated team player
This is a great part-time employment opportunity. Call Linda Ottery at 529-2186 for more information.
TSNH is looking to expand its Board of Directors. If you have a passion for children and their care and would like to have a conversation about what it means to be a Board member of TSNH, please call Christine Ojendyk at 731-1377.
‘Tween School ‘n Home has openings for children in grades K-6 from both Harold Martin School and Maple Street School. So if you’re looking for a place for your child to be engaged, creative and have a great time after school and would like more information, contact Linda Ottery, Executive Director at 529-2186 or tsnh at comcast.net. You also may download a registration form at our website: www.tweenschoolnhome.com.
No School for Students, Tuesday, 11/2
All kindergarten students come to school at 11:00
Next PTA Meeting, Thursday, November 4
No School, Veterans’ Day, Thursday, 11/11
Bill Carozza | Principal
Harold Martin School
271 Main St.
Hopkinton, NH 03229
603 .746 .3473
Please consider the environment and cost before printing this email.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hmsnews